Hilton Internship - Rooms Division Management - min 8 months in Amsterdam, Netherlands
As a Rooms Division Management Intern for the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam you are responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division operations to deliver an excellent Guest andMember experience while evaluating guest satisfaction and setting department targets and objectives in accordance with the Waldorf Astoria True Service Standards.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
- Yearly departmental team outing
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Cross trainings offered
- Hilton University offers more than 2500 e-learnings
What will I be doing?
Provide guests with a memorable stay experience that is personalized to their needs, throughout their stay at the hotel by ensuring that the team isrespondingefficiently to their enquiries and advising them of the amenities and benefits offered by the hotel.Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee Rooms Division operations including, but not limited, to Concierge, Reception, and Housekeeping
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and follows Waldorf Astoria standards
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Communicates with other departments such as Housekeeping, Engineering, In Room dining, Front Office and with external customers and supplier in a polite and efficient way to ensure smooth interdepartmental operations
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Thinks out of the box, see difficulties as challenges and find solutions, try to find an innovative and different way to present something, so the other team members as well as the guests will be impressed.
- Proficient in property management systems
- Ensure the department adhere to Waldorf Astoria standards
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Currently attending a Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably in Hotel Management
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees,some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to collect accurateinformation and to resolve problems.
- Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam Service Delivery Standards
- Gains and maintains a broad cultural awareness.
What benefits will I receive?
- Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. + 50% discount on Food & Beverage + Discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain, Avis and Sixt + Insurance discount with CZ
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 14 global brands. The magnitude of this company leads to numerous career opportunities worldwide. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton Honors®.
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Internship - Rooms Division Management - min 8 months
Requisition ID: HOT04GNZ