Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 Intern - TBS/TNT Programming + Brand Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 Intern - TBS/TNT Programming + Brand Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Turner Entertainment Networks' TBS & TNT Programming & Operations group is responsible for implementing the scheduling and promotional philosophies of TBS & TNT through strategic programming and on-air formatting initiatives for both linear and non-linear viewing platforms. Our group works to achieve the networks' programming, marketing, and promotional goals while maintaining key demo delivery and commercial audience retention for TBS & TNT original series, licensed series, movies, specials, and stunts. In addition, our group is charged with the task of providing inventory flexibility for Ad Sales in support of our revenue goals. We also work closely with the Acquisitions, Finance, Marketing, Research, Public Relations, and On-Air Creative teams to ensure that our networks are programmed and formatted in such a way that creates a best in class viewing experience across all platforms.
What will you be doing?
- The goal of the TBS & TNT Programming & Operations group internship program is to offer promising students in media-related disciplines a balance of practical experience and industry education related to the operation of Turner Broadcasting's top-rated cable networks.
- Interns will take an active role in the group's goal of creating the best viewer experience while maximizing revenue potential and leveraging business efficiencies.
Interns will have the opportunity to assist with:
- Competitive network multi-platform screening and analysis
- Brainstorming programming strategy, show launch, and stunt ideas
- Screening of TBS & TNT programming for placement of on-screen graphics
- Tracking, coordinating, and reporting on-air elements (barter, sponsorships, etc)
- Quality control and delivery of on-air network promotion
- Deep dive analyses of programming, formatting, and promotional strategies and industry hot topics
- Engage in educational opportunities such as professional development courses, informational sessions, and networking designed to broaden industry knowledge
What do we require from you?
- We're looking for someone who's eager to learn and feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Individual must be a self-starter.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of television programming concepts a plus.
What's so great about this internship?
- Interns will gain firsthand knowledge of how departments across Turner collaborate to deliver content to all of the TBS & TNT viewing platforms.
- Everything a viewer eventually sees flows through our groups, and we work with all divisions across the organization. As such, we are able to expose our interns to the wide spectrum of disciplines (Ad Sales, Marketing, PR, Development, Finance, Research, On-Air Creative) that exist within a leading media organization.
- This is not a "get-coffee-and-answer-the-phones" internship-our interns actively participate in meetings, projects, research, and brainstorming sessions side-by-side with seasoned content strategy professionals.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are! Our group is the perfect place for a passionate television fan and pop culture enthusiast to begin exploring career opportunities within the media industry. As the "central nervous system" for two of television's top ten cable networks, the TBS & TNT Programming & Operations group offers our interns a unique perspective on today's dynamic, evolving media landscape and the chance to work on the forefront of changing viewer habits, new technology, and emerging platforms.
What’s so great about our internship program?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Spring 2018 Internship Program
January 22ndthrough April 20th
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- 20-40 hours per week dependent on schedules
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising junior status or greater.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.