Google MBA Intern, Summer 2018 in Austin, Texas
**Please note that the application for this program consists of two steps:
- Fill out this supplemental information form.
- Click on the APPLY button to submit your resume using the same email address listed in the supplemental information form. By applying to this program you will automatically be considered for the functions and locations listed above. You can state your preferences on the supplemental information form. The deadline to apply is November 12, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.**
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA
About the program
Our MBA Internship Program is a paid internship that will immerse you into the tech industry on a high-impact team. You’ll enhance your skill set, be challenged with rigorous work, grow your network and drive meaningful change in our business.
Outside of your core work, you will participate in a high-touch program that exposes you to Google’s business operations, connects you with interns and Googlers, and invests in your personal and professional development. You may pick up a new technical skill, while also building a relationship with a 1:1 mentor and hearing from company leadership through an exclusive speaker series.
- Applications: October 1 - November 12, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
- Interviews: December 2017 through April 2018, on a rolling basis.
- Internship: 11-12 weeks starting in late-May/June 2018.
Once you apply to both application components by November 10, we will provide regular status updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Based on your background and interests, you will be matched to, interview with, and work on a team for 11-12 weeks during the summer. You can view a list of example teams below. Interns will be considered for potential full-time opportunities in their host teams based on their internship performance.
MBA interns are placed in teams across the business according to their background and interests. Learn more about our fields of work. Here are just a few teams that interns have joined in the past:
Business Strategy: Deliver the analytical insights our leaders use to enable us to innovate. Whether it’s identifying acquisitions and investments, monetizing strategies for products, or developing partners in emerging markets such as Africa and India, Business Strategy Googlers anticipate opportunities and execute programs critical to Google’s short- and long-term growth.
Finance: Fuel our moonshots by devising innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management. From advising our product teams to managing day-to-day balance sheets, you’ll help keep our business on track to meet (or, better yet, exceed) our goals.
Google Technical Services: Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
People Operations: Keep Google going and growing. Our People Operations team (known elsewhere as HR) and administrative staff are the curious and creative colleagues that anchor us to our foundations and help us shoot for the moon. The POps team lives by the mantra "find them, grow them, keep them," and is dedicated to staffing, development, and a distinct and inclusive culture. Not just coworkers, we're proud Google colleagues who help our company thrive.
Product Management: You’re a curious and collaborative visionary, someone excited about solving the hard problems in technology. Google is and always will be an engineering company that thinks big and takes risks. Architect the future of our products by bridging engineering and business as you manage a product's full lifecycle, from strategic planning to development and launch.
Sales, Services & Support: Turn product innovations into vital client solutions. The backbone of Google’s success, the account managers, consultants, admins, and analysts in these roles are all dedicated to top-notch client service. Whether negotiating with Fortune 500 companies, solving technical challenges for small businesses, or surfacing product ads in just the right place, we develop new business opportunities while increasing the use of our product offerings.
- Google interns are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to give a meaningful contribution to their teams. Specific responsibilities are assigned to interns at the start of the program.
- Must be pursuing a full-time MBA program with an expected graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019.
- Have authorization to work in the United States.
- Be able to complete a 11-12 week program beginning in May or June 2018.
- Interest in the technology industry and Google’s business.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and independent motivation.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Analytical skills, and ability to solve highly strategic and difficult business problems.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.