Northrop Grumman 2018 Intern Technical Baltimore (Software & Digital Technologies - DT) in Baltimore, Maryland
2018 Intern Technical Baltimore (Software & Digital Technologies - DT)
Requisition ID: 17020855
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts,connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable:pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups,and our shared vision of global security.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Software & Digital Technologies department and have theopportunity to work on exciting projects such as Electronic Warfare, Radar, Space, and International systems. Work mayfocus on digital design (FPGA, ASIC, etc) and/or embedded software development. The selected candidate will work in adynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include real-time sensor control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, digital signalprocessing, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverseengineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development, programmable logic device (PLD, CPLD,EPLD, FPGA) design, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, and digital & mixed signal subsystem design
- Utilizing software engineering technologies such as Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server DistributedArchitectures, Service Oriented Architectures, C/C , C#, Java, Java Enterprise Ediction, Embedded Real-time
Development, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and Mercury
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering,Electrical Engineering, or related STEM degree program
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time ofapplication by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Experience with model-driven engineering
- Previous internship/co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Participation and leadership in professional/community/extracurricular activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 Intern Technical Baltimore (Software & Digital Technologies - DT)
Requisition ID: 17020855