Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Administrative Intern-Environmental, Health & Safety (661485) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2018 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Administrative Intern – Environmental, Health & Safety
What you’ll do:
- Work in a team environment assisting EHS staff members in identifying and implementing EHS related requirements to Ball operations
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve simple EHS issues
- Gain an increased understanding of the impacts and implementation approaches associated with EHS regulations and standards
- Support health & safety programs that assist Ball Aerospace in being compliant with OSHA, NFPA, and other health & safety-related regulations and standards. This includes, but is not limited to, Hazard Communication Standard, respiratory protection, electrical worker safety, laser safety, radiation safety, contractor safety, workplace inspections, etc.
- Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring including, but not limited to, air sampling and airflow measurements, IH surveys, etc., as part of the IH program.
- Recommend and/or supply proper protective equipment to BATC employees.
- Provide health & safety-related statistical data to BATC employees, including management personnel, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other health and safety related duties as necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- You must have completed your junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2018. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- A strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and solo environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Administrative Intern-Environmental, Health & Safety (661485)
Job ID: 661485
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time