Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern-Industrial Engineer (661486) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2017 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Process Assurance
What you’ll do:
- Support cross-functional team projects to improve business process effectiveness.
- Develop flowcharts/process maps and detailed procedures recommending process changes.
- Support the piloting of process changes and implementation activities.
- Work with process owners to improve affordability, effectiveness and correctness of process documents.
- Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings.
- Maintain regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2017. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related technical degree field is required.
- A strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and solo environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Some Process Improvement or Project Management experience is preferred.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern-Industrial Engineer (661486)
Job ID: 661486
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time