Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern-Systems Integration & Test Engineer (661404) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2018 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Systems Integration & Test Engineer
What You´ll Do:
- Work in a team environment assisting System Integration & Test Engineers developing spacecraft and science instruments.
- Assist in hands-on development and testing of support equipment and/or flight hardware.
- Develop procedures for use on support equipment and/or flight hardware.
- Assist in test design methodology.
- Assist in designing mechanical or electrical ground support equipment.
- Help assemble and analyze test data for compliance to requirements.
- Ability to participate in the "Ball Intern Remote Sensing Team" (BIRST), working with other interns and Ball employees on an interdisciplinary concept-to-launch project experience, where you get to design, build, test, and launch a payload.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2018. We will also consider graduating seniors enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or related degree field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong technical writing experience.
- Hands-on engineering, laboratory, or project/hobby experience.
- Experience using test and measurement equipment.
- Experience in laboratory environment with hardware troubleshooting experience is desired.
- Some experience with engineering schematics and design tools.
- CAD design experience - preferably SolidWorks for Mechanical designers and Schematic Capture for Electrical designers.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern-Systems Integration & Test Engineer (661404)
Job ID: 661404
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time