Federal Reserve Bank Intern - Economic Research in Chicago, Illinois
Conducts statistical and economic analyses of current macroeconomic, microeconomic, financial and regional data, and provides research support for the economists. The level of work required is considered entry- level and staff work under direct supervision. This job has no direct reports.
· Supports the economists in their basic and applied research by following instructions to perform tasks including collecting data, conducting moderately complex statistical analysis, writing statistical software programs, and organizing the presentation of results
· Assists the economists in the analysis of public policy issues and events. Issues include monetary policy, bank regulation, payments systems, financial markets, community development and the state of the US and global economies
· Researches economic topics for economists' articles
· Prepares a variety of charts, tables, and descriptive text for Department management or other staff economists to use in their briefings of the President and the Board of Directors.
· Follows instructions to research and organize background materials for presentations to the President; responds to other System-wide directives and requests.
· Performs other duties as requested
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics, or related field with emphasis on quantitative and/or analytical skills
· Research Assistant experience preferred
· SAS, STATA or Matlab experience preferred
To be considered, all applications must include a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcriptions.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Intern - Economic Research
Requisition ID: 252351