Federal Reserve Bank Intern - Internal Audit in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work for one of the most influential, trusted and prestigious financial institutions in the world? The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, the Seventh District, is one of 12 regional reserve banks in the United States, along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., that make up the nation's central bank. The Seventh Federal District is made up of five states, which includes all of Iowa, and most of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. The Seventh District comprises a considerable part of the nation’s manufacturing base — especially capital goods and consumer durables — as well as production agriculture and food processing.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s Internship Program is a paid summer internship that provides undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience at the Federal Reserve Bank. Through project-oriented hands on assignments and professional development activities, interns receive a solid overview of the business of the Fed while contributing to their designated Bank department.
The FRBC Internship Program begins in June and continues for 12 consecutive weeks. Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and are assigned to one department for the summer.
We are a team of professionals who perform operational and/or IT audits of the different business areas in the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. We also support our Board of Directors’ Audit Committee in their oversight role. Our primary purpose is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services.
· Will participate in audits and work will consist of doing fieldwork, interviewing auditees, analyzing documentation and writing work papers
· Will help auditors with data extraction and data analysis to perform audit work
· Will assist with developing presentations to present data in a useful manner to clients
· Other assignments will range from ad-hoc department projects requiring some analysis to administrative tasks
· Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master's Degree in audit, finance/accounting or business major with some focus on data analytics
· Demonstrated analytical skills
· Strong understanding of Excel (advanced formulas – pivot tables, pivot reporting and advanced charting)
· The candidate must also be able to multi-task, as they will likely be assigned multiple projects/tasks
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Effective time management skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· The ideal candidate has completed coursework in data analytics and/or data visualization
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Intern - Internal Audit
Requisition ID: 252357