Sallyport Global Transportation Intern in Cleveland, Ohio
/What does a Transportation Intern at Michael Baker International do?/
Under direct supervision, the successful candidate with assist in the drafting, design and analysis of projects as a part of the Transportation group.
/Can you walk me through a typical day of a Transportation Intern?/
· The best part of being an intern in Michael Baker International’s Cleveland office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
· Highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through final construction documents, including: typical sections, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, maintenance of traffic plans, signing and pavement markings, basic hydraulics, drainage and erosion control using MicroStation and Geopak software
· Construction cost estimation and preparation of quantities
· You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
/Could I be the Transportation Intern that Michael Baker International is looking for?/
· Enrolled as a part-time or full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited University, College, or Technical School in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
· Minimum 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
· Attention to detail
· Effective decision making, organizational, and conceptual thinking skills
· Must have a willingness to learn, be a strong communicator, and exhibit flexibility in accommodating new or multiple assignments
· Previous drafting experience; such as MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
/Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?/
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company,We Make a Difference.//
/Why do we do what we do; why is it important?/
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
/How do I apply?/
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume. If you want to do some more digging first, please check out ourGlassdoor,LinkedInandGreat Places to Workpages.
Title: Transportation Intern
Requisition ID: 171723