Wolf Creek Federal Services Facility Supervisor - (Electrical) (Internal/ Site-Specific) in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Facility Manager, the Facility Supervisor (Electrical Shop) will plan, organize and direct the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the campus electrical infrastructure. The Facility Supervisor (Electrical Shop) will provide technical staff assistance and will be responsible for switchgear equipment, generators and UPS equipment located throughout the campus.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Directs and schedules all department personnel and/or subcontractors as required for effective work completion of all campus electrical tasks and any other work assigned by the Facility Manager.
- Independently resolves technical problems as required to ensure proper work execution.
- Perform periodic visits to work locations to assure satisfactory completion and review quality of work.
- Assigns all work with clear and specific instructions to minimize the potential for work to be completed in error. On complex work orders, makes advance visit to the job site to determine extent of work required. May rotate personnel from one job site to another as required after coordination with the Facility Manager. Coordinates all contract work with other Departments, Managers, and Supervisors as required.
- Incumbent must be knowledgeable of all PWS requirements that pertain to the Campus Electrical sections.
- Routinely updates the Work Order log comments as required.
- Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: Timesheet Approvals, Safety Talks, Equipment Accountability, and Employee Leave Approval.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Outage process. Incumbent will submit, track, and schedule all outages that involve the Campus Electrical equipment.
- Routinely attend meetings with the Customer to discuss issues and progress. Incumbent will be required to take official meeting minutes.
- Keep accurate records in a database and submit all required reports to the Customer.
- Interface with external and internal customers as required maximizing productivity and minimizing lost time.
- Insures that plans, blueprints, materials, and stocks are obtained from supply locations. Maintains current knowledge and answers questions from workers on procedures, policies, instructions, technical orders, and manufacturer’s manuals. Maintains records of work performed and materials used. Informs Facility Manager on problems encountered in the procurement of supplies and equipment of resolution.
- Keeps the Facility Manager informed on overall work operations and problems; coordinates training needs, recommends promotions, demotions, and commendations. Completes job performance reports with guidance from the Facility Manager. Conducts on-the-job-training. Resolves disciplinary problems and refers to the more serious problems to the Facility Manager with a detailed report.
- Work with the Service Order Manager to coordinate, plan and implement the use of subcontracted services after identifying feasibility for supplemental labor or expertise necessary to perform jobs/tasks.
- Maintain adequate levels of tools, equipment, and other maintenance supplies.
- Coordinates with other trade’s personnel and the warehouse personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies, and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
- Respond to emergency site maintenance as required. Incumbent must be reachable during off-hours.
- Confer with and advise other management personnel regarding maintenance projects and priorities.
- May occasionally be required to operate Government or Chugach-owned motor vehicles.
- Supports other department staff as needed or directed.
- Adheres to the established CFS safety and personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Keeping the Facility Manager apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other Chugach employees and customers.
- Working with the Facility Manager to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently. Guidelines include those established by the Facility Manager, Operations Manager, Corporate Office, Federal and State Regulations.
- High School Graduate or equivalent GED.
- Five (5) years experience in facilities operations and/or maintenance related work.
- Two (2) year experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of various electrical equipment including, but not limited to: switchgear, generators and UPS equipment.
- Must have the ability to supervise, train and motivate subordinates to attain stated objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Medically and physically able to wear a respirator.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer savvy, especially in Microsoft Office Suite.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years facility operations management.
- Three (3) years in a leadership, supervisory or management role.
- Active State Master Electrician license.
- Understanding of Government contracts, correspondence, reports and records.
- Good presentational skills and/or public speaking.
This position is open to current WCFS Fort Meade employees only.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: FOR10079
Req ID: FOR10079