Wolf Creek Federal Services Facility Supervisor- (PDM) (Internal/Site-Specific) in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Facility Manager, the Predictive Maintenance Supervisor (PDM) will maintain reliability and monitoring as required; develop predictive maintenance optimization program; ensure performance of preventive/predictive maintenance activities; recommend changes to preventive maintenance program; analyze predictive maintenance data to preclude maintenance preventable failures; initiate, recommend design and supervise installation of design change requests; recommend changes to prints and procedures; plan, organize, schedule and provide supervision for the daily maintenance operation and activities for all assigned facilities.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Will work directly with Building Management to accomplish all services under the statement of work.
- Review all site work to verify compliance in accordance with applicable plans, procedures and all governing codes.
- Direct development of and adherence to Predictive maintenance program/schedule
- Provide leadership, training, motivation, performance evaluation, coaching, recognition and accountability for maintenance department employees
- Establish maintenance department priorities that are linked to contract objectives for safety, customer satisfaction, productivity, etc.
- Collaborate with plant staff to maximize customer satisfaction and productivity through the effective utilization of maintenance resources
- Initiate process improvement projects to support plant continuous improvement efforts Develop and maintain a records management system relevant to Predictive Maintenance that will be utilized by the management staff.
- Coordinates with other trade’s personnel and the warehouse personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies, and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex codes, regulations and procedures.
- Prepare and present weekly / monthly Technical Progress Reports as needed.
- Schedule on call and preventive maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for processing departmental time sheets.
- Respond to emergency site maintenance as required.
- Confer with and advise other management personnel regarding maintenance projects and priorities.
- Assists in developing cost estimates, budget, correspondence and status reports.
- May occasionally be required to operate Government and/or Chugach-owned motor vehicles.
- Supports other department staff as needed or directed.
- Adheres to the established CFS safety and personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Keeping the Facility Manager apprised of situations and problems encountered.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other Chugach employees and customers.
- Working with the Facility Manager to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently. Guidelines include those established by the Facility Manager, Operations Manager, Corporate Office, Federal, State and local Regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent GED.
- Six (6) years of experience in Predictive Maintenance facilities operations and maintenance related work
- Two (2) years of experience in leadership, supervisory or management role.
- Level III NDT Certification.
- Level II Thermography Analysis Certification or equivalent experience.
- State Journeyman license (Active or Inactive) or equivalent experience in plumbing, HVAC maintenance/repair or electrical maintenance/repair.
- Thorough knowledge of condition monitoring techniques, visual inspections, bearing analysis, safety and customer service.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools used in the predictive maintenance field.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State and Local building and HVAC Codes/Electrical codes.
- Medically and physically able to wear a respirator.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates to attain stated objectives.
- Computer savvy, especially in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Two years of facility operations management.
- Knowledge of Labor and Cost Tracking.
- Understanding of Government contracts, correspondence, reports and records.
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Good presentational skills and/or public speaking.
This position is open to current WCFSI Fort Meade employees only.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: FOR10078
Req ID: FOR10078