Arup Structural Engineering Intern in Houston, Texas
Structural Engineering Internships Available in 2018
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
As an intern, you’ll have the chance to engage in work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are seeking Structural Engineering Interns for 2018. As a Structural Engineering Intern, you will learn and apply the following:
• Design of individual structural members on a project
• Structural analysis using structural software
• Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion.
• You will learn and apply the following skills:
• Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
• Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
• Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
• Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
• Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
• Professional demeanor
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
• Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
• Internship experience with a design firm
• FE/ EIT certification
• Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Structural Engineering Intern
Requisition ID: HOU000021