Northrop Grumman 2018 College Intern Technical Huntsville (Software) in Huntsville, Alabama
2018 College Intern Technical Huntsville (Software)
Requisition ID: 17020844
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Huntsville, AL.
The qualified candidates will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Software and Digital Technology division.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
• Prepares operating instructions.
• Designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems and ensures software standards are met.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
Be majoring in an engineering or Computer Science field.
Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2018 and possibly part-time (20 hours) during the school year if clearance comes in earlier.
Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higherNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 College Intern Technical Huntsville (Software)
Requisition ID: 17020844