The Walt Disney Company Business Systems Analyst Intern - Orlando, Spring 2018 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and
developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our
movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join
our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with
creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of
the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems,
Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to
ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team
members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business
partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
This intern position will act as an interface between business partners and Technology teams, and will
support a team of Solution Architects in defining and documenting new technology solutions, capturing
technology costs for new solutions, defining user stories and requirements (including non-functional
requirements), and developing strategic technology roadmaps.
This business systems analyst intern position reports to the technology team as part of Solution
Engineering and will be responsible for:
Creating and curating deliverables associated with creating solution architecture approaches and cost estimates
Coordinating systems and stakeholder analyses,performing gap analysis and risk mitigation, and conducting marketplace research for product/technology capabilities
Assisting with managing the Solution Engineering team’s Kanban boards for managing backlog and influx of work.
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to the role:
Knowledge of Agile methodologies including the writing of personas, user stories, participating in or facilitating Scrum / Kanban planning
Proficiency in basic office productivity software and tools (MS Word, Excel, Vision; Google
Sheets, Slides; Slack; etc.)
Experience in technical diagrams (process flow, system context, etc.)
Problem solving and analysis skills
Strong partnering, negotiating, and consensus building skills
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as facilitation experience
Required Education :
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing
a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management
Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information :
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January - May 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 476477BR
Location: Lake Buena Vista,Florida
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts