State of Michigan Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Laboratory Outreach Intern in Lansing, Michigan
With questions or for more information about the State of Michigan Internship Program, please visit:
State of Michigan Internship Program Overview
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) will protect, preserve, and promote the health and safety of the people of Michigan, with particular attention to providing for the needs of vulnerable and underserved populations. MDHHS is one of the largest of the executive branch departments. MDHHS is responsible for health policy and management of the state's health, mental health, and substance use care systems. For more information, visit: www.michigan.gov/mdch.
We are seeking college students for the Bureau of Laboratories. Preference will be given to science, public health and education majors. This internship is an unpaid internship opportunity with 1-2 openings for the Winter/Spring 2018 Semester.
- Internet Savvy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop interactive web content and PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to take and edit digital photos
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and in a group
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with children age group K-12, mentoring and a passion to promote the sciences Responsibilities Include:
- Research and develop science educational videos, worksheets and scientific activities for our website
- Participate in science outreach events and demonstrations
- Prepare and deliver presentations/demonstrations for science fairs and classrooms
- Organize a team for demonstration days at local schools Candidates must be self-starters that are comfortable presenting science material to students in kindergarten through twelfth grades at local science nights and in-class room demonstration days.
Our interns play an active role in development of material for the program and contributing to the program goals.
Time commitment: Approximately 5 - 10 hours a week **To be considered please complete this online application form. Required Education and Experience
At the time of internship, you must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program to be considered for the State of Michigan student programs.
Additional Requirements and Information
As part of the application process, please upload an unofficial or official copy as an attachment.
Please click on the link to download a Michigan State Police Criminal Background Authorization Form. Once you complete the form please upload the form to the attachment section of your application along with your resume, cover letter and college transcripts. This form will be required to be considered for an interview. Please click on the link to the form located on the job posting. If you have questions regarding this form, please call (517) 284-0100.
Candidates will also be subject to a MDHHS background check.
Salary: $0.00 Hourly
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Type: Internship - Non Paid
Department: State of Michigan Internship Program – Statewide
Job Number: 1903-WS18-DHHSLOINT
Closing: 10/31/2017 11:00 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: N/A
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909.
Phone: (800) 788-1766