Allegiant Travel Company INTERN (SPRING) - FINANCIAL ANALYST in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a Financial Analyst Intern do for Allegiant?
The Financial Analyst Intern will directly support the Financial Planning and Financial Analysis groups in their daily responsibilities of analyzing and optimizing the financial and operational dealings of Allegiant Travel Company.
What are the terms a Financial Analyst Intern at Allegiant?
- Semesters & Terms:
- Fall/Winter: (approximately Sept-Dec)
- Winter/Spring: (approximately Jan-Apr)
- Summer: (approximately May-Aug)
- Exact dates to be determined
- Interns may work between 15 and 40 hours per week depending on class schedule and credits received
- Internship will be paid at an hourly rate
- Interns, their spouse, parents, domestic partner, or travel companion & any eligible unmarried dependent children under the age of 21, of the intern will receive unlimited, space available, individual flight privileges on Allegiant Air (all fees waived) for the term of the internship
- No medical or similar benefits are provided
What are some of the daily duties of a Financial Analyst Intern?
- Track and project Allegiant financial performance and factors affecting expenses/profitability on a functional or other basis
- Provide ad-hoc and routine financial analysis related to corporate performance
- Assist in projects that require information collection, relevance and synthesis of data to provide conclusions, alternative and actionable items
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Financial Analyst Intern?
- Education requirements – Must be enrolled in an accredited university, with preference given to candidates that will have completed at least 2 years of university-level coursework. Relevant coursework includes: Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Accounting, etc.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Financial Analyst Intern?
- Ability to create spreadsheet models and produce relevant outputs is extremely advantageous
- Prior history of working with large data sets and extrapolating useful information
- Interest/experience in business, economic and/or math advantageous
- Microsoft Excel (or significant computer programming) proficiency required
- Database [MS Access] and/or Visual Basic (or similar) experience a plus
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Financial Analyst Intern?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.
Requisition Number: 17-0564
Title: INTERN (SPRING) - FINANCIAL ANALYST
Job Family: Accounting/Finance/Revenu
Location: Corporate Headquarters (Las Vegas)
City: Las Vegas
Job Type: Intern
DOT Regulated: No