Consigli Construction Inc. Estimating Intern - Summer 2018 (Milford, MA) in Milford, Massachusetts
Estimating Intern - Summer 2018 (Milford, MA)
Office Location:Milford, MA
Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice? Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal consecutive years running, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most importantly we are thankful for our employees and proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Estimate, including assisting with quantity take-offs, sublist management and subcontractor contact, research on various systems and products, studies and comparisons, document management, and keeping accurate records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensure the estimating process runs efficiently and client expectations are exceeded throughout the duration of the project(s);
• Build relationships to understand client, designer and subcontractor needs and expectations;
• Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects;
• Prepare quantity take-offs and apply unit pricing for material and labor to establish a value for the work;
• Effectively communicate with all stakeholders;
• Prepare qualifications and assumptions for the estimate;
• Prepare cost comparisons/reconcile with previous estimates;
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Highly developed sense of professional ethics
• Ability to work both on a team as well as independently
• Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is not required by this position.
Required Education and Experience
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.