Honeywell Metallography Engineer Intern in Morristown, New Jersey
Metallography Engineer Intern
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Metallography Engineers are responsible to perform metallurgical analysis on many types of aerospace materials providing expertise for internal customers to understand the characteristics of materials and applicable manufacturing processes. This engineering role provides hands-on metallographic and related laboratory analysis and documentation for Honeywell Aerospace.
We're looking for a person who handles change with a positive attitude, can juggle multiple competing priorities to reach goals, can work in a team environment to achieve team goals, can be flexible with work schedules and hours, and willing to accept any materials lab needs with diligence and a positive attitude. A person fulfilling this position will perform the majority of their own sample preparation and analysis in response to customers’ objectives.
35 Metallographic analysis
30 Metallographic documentation
35 preparation and analysis in response to customers’ objectives
You Must Have:
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related discipline.
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Materials Science or Metallurgy is a plus.
- Must be able to participate in an internship, prior to completing current degree program
- Sufficient knowledge of (1) aerospace materials used in laboratory evaluations, (2) manufacturing processes used in aerospace, (3) metallographic techniques as applied to various materials and evaluations to perform all engineering materials lab activities independently.
- Working knowledge of engine components and materials, where and why they are that way, and who/how to obtain additional knowledge and information.
- Demonstrated oral and written presentation and report documentation ability which conveys confidence in subject matter sufficient to influence decisions of more experienced peers and colleagues.
- Ability to interact with multiple functional groups in a professional manner to achieve complex objectives.
- Demonstrated tactical communication and workflow management to meet commitments, communicate with appropriate people at appropriate times, and support overall team objectives for schedule fidelity.
- Solid understanding of laboratory quality practices and expectations.
- Supports team objectives with positive attitude, willingness to work routine jobs, maintenance of broad lab skills ensuring versatility, flexibility to work irregular work hours.
- Demonstrated awareness and execution of laboratory process/technique development, validation, and/or improvement.
- Strong background in advanced alloy metallurgy and microstructural analysis
- Preference given to experience in an aerospace materials lab with primary focus in metallurgy/metallographic and/or SEM knowledge areas.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD9680
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.