Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 - Strategic Communications Intern in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 - Strategic Communications Intern
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Communications/Publicity
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
About Turner / Our Story
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – ELEAGUE. See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram ! See more of what we are about at http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
- The Strategic Communications Spring Internship is designed for undergraduate students currently pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, journalism or English or a related field
- The Strategic Communications intern will be a part of the Corporate Communications team which focuses on external brand communications
What will you be doing?
- The intern will work closely with the VP, GTO Communications, VP, Executive Communications, executive assistant, and Communication Specialists
- The intern will primarily focus on the social and digital content coordination across the brands and promoting Turner's brand as a whole
- Additionally, responsibilities will include research, media monitoring, writing, on the ground event coverage, and compiling strategic media lists
What do we require from you?
- The qualified candidate will be currently pursuing their undergraduate degree and have demonstrated a keen and passionate interest in working in brand communications and the media industry.
- We are looking for an energetic, motivated individual who will work with all team members to accomplish collective and individual goals.
- The qualified candidate will have experience using social media and web publishing tools as well as a native understanding of emerging social media platforms.
- Must have strong communication and written skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Photoshop and other image and video software a plus.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.