Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 - truTV Programming Research Intern in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 - truTV Programming Research Intern
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee Research
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
About Turner / Our Story
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – ELEAGUE. See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! See more of what we are about at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
- We track and report ratings on truTV and the competition to help Executive Management make decisions about how to program.
- This involves greenlighting new shows, continuing with existing shows, and scheduling.
- We also work closely with Nielsen to submit schedules and with Finance & Strategic Planning to forecast performance.
What will you be doing?
- The Research Intern will report to truTV's Senior Director of Programming Research and will be responsible for a variety of ongoing reports and ad hoc requests.
- The position works closely with various departments: Programming, Scheduling, Development, Strategic Planning and Finance.
What do we require from you?
- The candidate should posess analytical skills along with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and meet deadlines, while paying close attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting.
- He/she should be able to interpret data into usable formats and provide insights about TV viewership for truTV and competitors so that clients can use it in an effective manner.
- The position is responsible for the timely and accurate input and maintenance of program line-ups to Nielsen.
- The candidate should have strong pc skills and be able to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- The ideal candidate will posess an aptitude for working with numbers and should be an excellent Excel user.
- While not a requirement, experience with media math and familiarity with Nielsen measurement is a plus.
- A successful Intern will communicate effectively, display strong organizational skills in order to handle multiple projects at once, have an interest in the television business (particularly comedy) and enjoy turning data into knowledge.
- The intern will be trained in the use of proprietary Nielsen systems such as Star Trak, myEVNTS and National TV Toolbox as well as digital/social analytic softwares.
- The intern should be working towards a bachelor's or advanced degree in media, the social sciences, or a related field.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about comedy.
- Networking opportunities.
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2018 program dates are January 22nd through April 20th.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.