Federal Reserve Bank Network/Telecom Engineer Intern Summer 2018 in Richmond, Virginia
Network/Telecom Engineer Intern (Summer 2018)
The Information Technology – Client Services Department has an opening for a part-time network technical intern for a Summer 2016. This intern will have the opportunity to enhance essential business skills and increase understanding of the various roles and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve Bank. Under direct supervision, the intern will assist in providing technical support for network, mobile communications, telecommunications and related activities with an emphasis on service excellence. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:* Work with team to analyze the mobile account management process and recommend improvements * Document approved process changes * Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by District-wide users of mobile devices, LANs, and IP phones * Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems
/Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at/ / www.richmondfed.org // . /
/ Sponsorship is not available for this position. /
**The hiring range is$14.80/hr-$18.50/hr
**The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on November 17, 2017
**Candidates subject to special background check procedures
This is a temporary position (no benefits) that will begin in May 2018 and will end in late August 2018. The work schedule for the position will average 30 - 40 hours per week.
- Must have a 3.0 overall GPA (required)
- Must be a rising college junior or senior with a preferred emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Information Systems or related field (strongly preferred).
- Must demonstrate ability to assess when to ask for help versus when to complete assignments with limited assistance (required).
- Must demonstrate knowledge of computer software/hardware and an undertaking of computer networking concepts to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of hardware/software, networking, and operating system problems.
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN protocols
- Must demonstrate ability to appropriately analyze, interpret, and discuss low to moderately complex issues (required).
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (required).
- Customer oriented along with the ability to work well in a team setting (required).
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Network/Telecom Engineer Intern Summer 2018
Requisition ID: 252113