The Walt Disney Company Mobile Developer Intern - Seattle, Spring 2018 in Seattle, Washington
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDP&R Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
Responsibilities : With the Walt Disney Attractions Technology group, this intern will be expected to:
Develop J2EE applications using Spring, Hibernate, JPA.
Work on implementing SOAP based and REST based Webservices.
Develop Junit tests and improve code coverage.
Understand CI/CD model of build and deployment.
Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
Work with an Agile team to deliver product iteratively
Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions.
Our Technology organization seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic Qualifications :
•Fluent coding skill in one of the three languages (Java, Objective-C, Swift)
•Object-oriented programming skills
•Design pattern and algorithms
•RESTful API and http protocols
•Solid communication skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Previous mobile development experience with wither iOS or Android
Required Education :
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information :
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January to May 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: Interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of an internship
Job ID: 476468BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts