Amazon.com Visual Design Intern in Seattle, Washington
Amazon is looking for great visual design interns who are detail oriented, love making things look beautiful, and want to help change the world. Your primary focus will be to design visually compelling and beautiful visual assets for the Amazon website. This role supports an existing design team and includes mentoring from some of the best designers in the business. You will work closely with product merchandising and marketing teams to create and bring to life ideas that will help drive new business.
You must be a highly motivated person with proven design solutions and an online portfolio that shows you have an excellent eye for graphic design, including: color, layout, typography, and illustration. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality, on brand, scalable graphic solutions in a timely manner by iterating on existing creative work and setting the direction of future designs for a global audience.
A successful intern will demonstrate:
A curiosity and passion for design and crafting amazing experiences
An obsession for the customer
Proactive attitude. Ability to learn and be curious, share knowledge and be open to feedback
An ability to dive into the details but also be able to step back and see the bigger picture
An ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment, request clarity.
A curiosity and passion for emerging design and technology products, trends and best practices.
Ability to “Think Big” and “Invent & Simplify
Application Process & Details:
· This is a paid internship that includes relocation benefits where applicable
· Provide online portfolio with resume and as appropriate will accept PDF copies of work samples
· Selected candidates will be invited to interview and participate in a portfolio review with Amazon designers
· Currently enrolled in a relevant program at a college or university and graduating between October 2018 and September 2019
· Must have a portfolio of your work
· Must be available to work full time for 12 weeks over the summer
· Demonstrated drive to pursue visual design
· Proficient in the Adobe Suite of software, particularly Photoshop & Illustrator, and Sketch
·Familiarity with Framer, Origami,Invision a plus
· A grasp of the complexity of designing for multiple media
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong communication skills
· Self-motivated and capable of working independently
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 563461
External Company URL: www.amazon.com