Stanley Black and Decker Electrical Engineering Internship (Spring 2018) in Southington, Connecticut
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2016 Revenue was $11.4B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.5B of SBD annual revenue.The Global Tools & Storage Division manufactures and markets power tools, hand tools and power tool accessories under the brands of DEWALT, Black & Decker, Stanley, Bostitch, Porter-Cable and many more.
In these challenging roles… In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Engineering at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards… This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
Duties & Responsibilities: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in engineering projects developing new electronic products.
- Follow electronic schematic to build printed circuit board (PCB) with small electronic parts and mechanical components using various hand tools.
- Create prototypes using Arduino or similar platforms
- Test and troubleshoot PCB assemblies to the component level using lab equipment including PC software, multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Develop, install and maintain test fixtures.
- Test and troubleshoot finished product.
- Troubleshoot failures to identify root cause.
- Sophomore status or above working towards a degree in Electrical (or Electromechanical) Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multifunctional group including engineers, industrial designers, and product managers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- All applicants must be based in and/or able to commute to Southington, CT
Requisition Number: 49590BR
Title: Electrical Engineering Internship (Spring 2018)
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Connecticut
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.