Stanley Black and Decker Intern - Industrial Design in Southington, Connecticut
Position: Intern – Industrial Design Division: Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage Location: Southington, CT
Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
Overview: Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Hand Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Duties & Responsibilities: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering and prototyping.
- Online and in field research
- Product graphic development.
- Painting, mock ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
- Sophomore status or above working towards a degree in Industrial Design
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Adobe CS package, Microsoft Excel and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
Requisition Number: 49596BR
Title: Intern - Industrial Design
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Connecticut
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law