Stanley Black and Decker Product Management Intern, Cutting (Summer 2018) in Southington, Connecticut
Position: * Intern – Product Management *Division: Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage | Construction *Location: *Southington, CT
Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
Overview: Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for a Product Intern in the Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage division to join our summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment. Stanley Black & Decker’s full-time Internship program runs 10 weeks Summer 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze consumer trends and customer feedback.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research with customers, and non-customers.
- Prepare launch kits for global new product launches.
- Conduct competitive market research – understand where the gaps are, risks, and potential opportunities.
- Sophomore status or above working towards a degree in Marketing or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- Applicants must be based in and/or able to commute to Southington, CT.
Requisition Number: 49587BR
Title: Product Management Intern, Cutting (Summer 2018)
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Connecticut
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law