Waste Management Intern - Vendor Relations, Equipment in Tempe, Arizona
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers inresidential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout NorthAmerica through a network of collection operations, transfer stations,landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Interacts with and conducts various duties and responsibilities withinGreenleaf Compaction. Interns gainpractical experience, relevant to their field of study, prior to collegegraduation.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesincludethe following. To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily.Other minor duties may beassigned.
- Act as a liaison between the customers and our vendors.
- Ability to communicate via email, phone, IM’s, and face to face.
- Strong multitasking/organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs(Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
Therequirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary toperform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Interns must have a High School Diploma or GED(accredited) and be currently enrolled in college courses.
- No prior work experience required, but previouscustomer service experience preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations orOther Requirements
C. OtherKnowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listedbelow are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment ofthe job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 poundsrarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elementsrarely;
- Normal setting for this job is:office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitivetotal compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insuranceand Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Companymatch on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation,Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been lookingfor, please click "Apply.”
Title: Intern - Vendor Relations, Equipment
Requisition ID: 17015287