Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Intern (Summer 2018)- Southeast in Various Locations, Georgia
Date: Oct 17, 2017
Location: Various Locations, GA, US
Requisition ID: 69113
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Description: This individual will be working with a vibrant and diverse team to estimate, schedule and build some of the largest and most exciting construction projects throughout North America. You will learn to review proposals/specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, plan work, work with material procurement, control cost, support field crews coordinate subs and suppliers, and eventually train your replacement. This position will be based out of Peachtree City, GA and requires travel.
• Undergraduate degree in Civil, or Construction Management.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to temporarily relocate and work full-time during the summer of 2018 (approximately May-August)
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Intern, Engineer, Field Engineer, Procurement, Engineering, Entry Level, Operations