IREX Intern (paid) in Washington, District Of Columbia
ABOUT IREX* *
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a paid intern for its Community Solutions Program for international community development professionals. The intern must be able to begin by no later than October 16, 2017 and is expected to work part-time (25-30 hours per week) until approximately the end of April 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Collaborate with program team to prepare materials for End of Program Workshop;
- Provide on-site support during End of Program Workshop from December 4-7th, 2017;
- Work closely with program team in selection of and preparation for 2018 cohort;
- Work closely with program team in identifying and reaching out to potential partners;
- Contribute to the overall success of the project; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with, and interest in, international education and development;
- International study, work, or living experience;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong writing ability;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- High level of cross-cultural awareness;
- Excellent computer skills, including using Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Formstack a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DATE REVISED: September 1, 2017
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Intern (paid)
REPORTS TO: Program Officer