Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern - Industrial Operations (661418) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2018 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Industrial Engineer-Manufacturing Operations
What You´ll Do:
- Participate in designing and executing capital projects in the Paint lab to improve efficiency and ergonomics.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create process improvement CAD layouts.
- Develop a business case to understand if there is a justification for a second paint booth on the Boulder campus.
- All work will be performed under the supervision of engineers and managers.
- Contribute to authoring Standard Operating Procedures for the Paint lab.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2018. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related technical degree field such as mechanical, aerospace or chemical engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing and test processes, with reading and interpretation (coursework and/or job/intern experience).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership in team environments.
- Selected candidates will have a strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic.
- Experience or coursework in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Familiarity with manufacturing metrics and KPI’s.
- Relevant coursework in Industrial and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiar with project justification methods and tools.
- Familiarization with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Coursework and lab experience with basic manufacturing processes.
- Strong competency in MS basic office skills. MS project and Visio experience a plus.
- Basic Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software including SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD/Revit experience.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern - Industrial Operations (661418)
Job ID: 661418
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time