Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Defense Programs ROTC Collaboration Fellow Business Undergrad Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Business Fellow Undergrad
To promote awareness among ROTC students about employment at NNSA Laboratories, NNSA has created an internship program at SNL. Participants of this program will expand their understanding of the NNSA National Security Enterprise and Department of Defense programs from a business perspective while working closely with nationally recognized staff and researchers on national security research and production.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist with data organization
- Assist with process management and manipulation
- Assist with customer relations
- Perform budget analysis
- Assist with action plan development
- Conduct financial reporting
Potential candidates must be pre-identified as eligible for the Defense Programs ROTC Internship Program (DPROTCIP).
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Receiving financial support through a fellowship or educational institute program
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
The Nuclear Deterrence Program Execution Office provides support to the Nuclear Deterrence Program Director. We provide technical and programmatic support in managing ND PMO initiatives. This Office also administers the Defense Programs ROTC Internship Program on behalf of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT