ProQuest Machine Learning Intern in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Machine Learning Intern
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition Number: 2796
# of Openings: 1
Featured Careers Category: Technology
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Machine Learning Intern
What will I be doing?
This internship role is focused on R & D Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing projects and endeavors at PQIS. It will offer in-depth and state-of-the-art experience in both Machine Learning technologies as well as an opportunity to work with ProQuest’s extensive and valuable text-data assets.
The intern will work with other Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing colleagues at ProQuest. As part of this internship, the intern will also cultivate skills in: 1) Developing Machine Learning system on AWS computing infrastructure, 2) Aligning system performance and outputs with product needs, and 3) Contributing to original and high-profile ProQuest research.
In this position, you will also...
•Conduct original research in specific Machine Learning areas of interest.
•Work with development mentors and colleagues to both implement and develop from scratch new Machine Learning algorithms and approaches.
•Evaluate, revise, and improve Machine Learning systems based on quantitative metrics as well as feedback and suggestions from colleagues.
Three Reasons you should apply...
ProQuest is a great place work with a friendly environment, supportive staff, and a growing infrastructure designed to mentor student-employees
You will have the chance to work with cutting edge technologies
You will make real contributions to a product that will be sold in the market, helping to build your knowledge and resume
This job may not be a fit if...
Working with technology and learning new things is not your primary focus
You think that your contributions aren’t important to the team
You want an internship that just represents jumping through another hoop
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Actively pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s or graduate degree majoring in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related field at an accredited school.
• Past experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, especially previous Machine Learning projects.
• Advanced experience with Machine Learning projects in Python. Familiarity with the important NLP Python libraries including NLTK, Pandas
• Experience as an intern, contractor, or other onsite experience at ProQuest
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in your work, please consider joining our talented team!!