Kao USA Inc. Analytic Insight & Custom Research Internship in Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you an early adopter? Do you have a passion for innovative new products and understanding where they fit within existing categories? If so, an internship in Kao Market Research may be the perfect fit for you! Kao USA Inc.is a leading manufacturer and marketer of global beauty care brands including Jergens®, Biore®, Curel®, Ban®, John Frieda®, Goldwell®, and KMS California®. We are seeking an exceptional candidate to help us grow our portfolio of brands by connecting research insights to business action.
Business success begins with a deep understanding of category dynamics and the consumers and markets we serve. The role of Kao’s Analytic Insight team is to influence the development of winning Brand Strategies, game-changing and business building innovation, breakthrough consumer communication, and effective/efficient marketplace executions.
As a Marketing Research intern, you will anticipate & respond to changes in Kao’s categories (Hand & Body Lotion, Hair Care, Face Care, and Deodorant), identify key insights, and develop data-driven recommendations to help accelerate growth. Working closely with our marketing & sales teams and supplier partners, you will have the opportunity to develop competency and mastery of Nielsen database construction & maintenance, build experience with data synthesis & analytic techniques, and gain exposure to industry-leading, global syndicated data resources.
Key work will include:
- Ensuring that Kao’s customized Nielsen database structures anticipate and respond to changes in category hierarchies and product definitions.
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting a range of data types and sources to provide holistic insights to key stakeholders.
- Promoting knowledge and resource sharing across Kao (regions, sectors, and functions)
- Leading Market Research organizational initiatives to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Must be pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree, looking for a long-term internship/co-op.Relevant fields of study include Business, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Sociology, IT, Operations, Communication, and Psychology.
- Prior internship experience in a related field is preferred. Experience in a CPG environment or in the Beauty industry is a plus.
- Must have strong critical thinking and analytical
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and prioritization skills are a must.
- Must be a self-starter who is passionate, flexible and has a strong drive for results.
- Understanding of basic marketing principles is preferred.
- Strong Excel skills
Job ID: 2018-3583
Brand: Kao USA
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati