Parker Hannifin Corp EHS Intern in Glendale, Arizona
AZ-Glendale, United States
Group: Aerospace Group N. America
Job Family: Professional - Entry
Job ID: 9165-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Hannifin is looking for talented student leaders to strengthen its Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization. This is an internship that can eventually lead to the Parker Hannifin EHS Trainee program or an entry level position in an EHS career at Parker Hannifin. The EHS intern position will be based at one of the many manufacturing facilities across the US, or at the Corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. Your role will be to support any and all aspects of environmental management, occupational safety, and environmental, health and safety compliance. This is a hands on role where you will gain valuable experience in EHS management. The role reports to the site EHS leader.
Depending on the complexity and product lines at a manufacturing location, the EHS intern may participate or manage any of the following functional areas of focus.
• Deploy, support, or maintenance maintain of EHS programs and procedures to meet business unit EHS objectives and targets with an emphasis on Safety and Accident Prevention, EHS Regulatory Compliance, and Resource Conservation.
• Deploy, support, or maintenance maintain of applicable EHS management systems, which may include an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and a Compliance Assurance program.
• Deploy, support or maintain EHS reporting, which includes performance against targets and goals, regulatory reporting, and corporate business unit and customer required reporting.
• Support or maintain an EHS training program for applicable EHS training required across the business unit from employee to leader.
• Deploy, support or maintain an EHS continuous improvement program which may include learning and managing the Gensuite system.
• Deploy, support or maintain a resource conservation program which will include, but not be limited to energy use, water use and waste generated from production.
• Deploy, support or maintain EHS cultural programs.
• Awareness and integration of EHS into other functional areas such as Lean, Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Sales, Service, and Innovation.
The EHS intern will report directly to the EHS Site Leader. The EHS Intern will work with different levels of the orgainziation, and with different function areas to accomplish assigned tasks. The working environment will be a mix working in an office setting and working in a production environment.
• Currently enrolled in a four-year college working towards a bachelor degree in a discipline related to EHS, which includes Environmental Sciences, Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering, Health and Occupational Safety, or other EHS related degrees.
• Completion of at least sophomore year of college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Must have an interest in an EHS career.
• Must have good problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf