Mastronardi Products Grower Liaison Intern in Kingsville (Head Office), Ontario
The Grower Liaison Intern will support the Procurement process in Canada at the farm level for Mastronardi produce. This individual is responsible for a wide variety of duties including but not limited to this job description.
Non Negotiable Traits:
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity; be self-motivated and determined; be a team player and behave as a professional.
- Assist Procurement personnel with purchase order, logistics, and estimate entries, grower calls, projection of products
- Ensure grower estimates and purchase orders are accurately entered in a timely fashion
- Set up Grower Quality Reports in order to track grading percent, projection and spec accuracy
- Daily/Weekly reports communicating all pertinent information concerning production
- Liaison farm information back to commodity planning, sales, and procurement management.
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings for the procurement department
- Support procurement team with additional duties and responsibilities as assigned throughout the placement
- Currently in an accredited university/college undergraduate program. Previous experience in agriculture would be considered an asset
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Greenhouse and pack house conditions in Canada
- Capable of lifting at least 25 lbs.
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending on a regular basis
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
Posted: March 14, 2018