GAF Intern - Business Operations, Standard Industries in New York, New York
Standard Industries is looking for the right candidate to fill a slot for Intern-Business Operations who will bring their administrative, communication and creative skills to be part of a team focused on supporting the business operations of a dynamic and international firm. This position reports to the Office of the Chief of Staff at Standard Industries. The ideal candidate for this internship is a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior, studying for a liberal arts degree, with a strong interest in business
The intern will perform functions in support of a number of projects both personal and professional in nature including:
* Assist the day to day operations of the Executive Office at an international industrials firm
* Assist in the scheduling, planning, and execution of international travel and large-scale events across multiple time-zones
* Collaborate across departments on new projects and partnerships spanning HR, Finance, M&A, and Communications, and Public Relations/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
* Perform ad hoc research and create briefing memos on special projects and related topics of interest as assigned
* Anticipate and solve potential problems in the organization before they occur
* Complete other administrative duties as directed within the Office of the Chief of Staff
* Demonstrated ability to operate on a team in an extremely fast-paced environment
* Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Discerning judgement in situations with ambiguous context
* Demonstrated project management skills are required
* Strong quantitative skills are a plus
* Absolute confidentiality is required for all Executive related business
Required Education: The successful candidate must be actively pursuing a Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution, with an anticipated graduation date between December 2018 and May 2020, and an overall minimum GPA of 3.5.
ALL GAF/STANDARD INDUSTRIES INTERNSHIP ROLES ARE PAID AT AN HOURLY RATE, HOWEVER, THERE ARE NO BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE POSITIONS. CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO WORK 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK OVER THE SUMMER PERIOD. WE ARE TARGETING CURRENTLY ENROLLED COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO WILL BE STAYING IN THE NJ/NY METRO AREA FOR THE DURATION OF THE INTERNSHIP. HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION, F-1 AND HB-1 VISA SPONSORSHIP WILL NOT BE PROVIDED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THESE POSITIONS.
Standard Industries is a global industrial company with interests in building materials, including the world's largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, aggregates, and related investment businesses. Led by co-CEOs David S. Winter and David J. Millstone and with approximately 15,000 employees and operations in more than 80 countries, Standard maintains a team-oriented culture of meritocracy, excellence, intellectual honesty, and a passionate focus on investing in its people
Standard is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know.
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit). If you are an internal employee, please do not apply here. Please click on the Careers bubble in Workday, which can be accessed via the GAF HR Portal.
Employer's Job# 8216
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.