Getty Images Intern, Getty Images FOTO in New York, New York
Getty Images, Inc.
Consumer Content | New York
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Who You Are:
Getty Images FOTO is a brand new, visually immersive website with a simple goal: To bring you the best, timeliest, most memorable pictures of our world. We take you to the front lines of human conflict and to faraway places where strange creatures roam. We bring you face to face with today's heroes, scoundrels, and stars; with natural disasters and natural wonders; with the beautiful, the inspiring, and the frightening; with moments that can lift, or break, your heart.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about great imagery and great storytelling. This role will focus on content creation in any and all formats, highlighting the incredible imagery we have at our disposal. Are you a master GIFmaker? Video creator? Photo gallery curator? Are you excited to dig through the archives and find the stories we haven't told yet, that your friends and the entire internet will want to share? If visual-first narrative is your thing, come join us this summer.
Your Next Challenge:
• Learn with our team of excellent content creators and gain experience in the world of professional digital consumer content yourself
• See your story ideas through, from beginning to end. Spark ideas, pitch the stories, gather your imagery, execute the project, hit publish and promote it everywhere you can.
What You'll Need:
• A passion for visual storytelling and some experience creating visual-first content
• Strong writing skills
• Experience or interest in general content categories like news, entertainment, travel, sports, and history
• Excellent attention to small details, the ability to multi-task and stay organized
• A strong work ethic and a desire to create something lasting and of value
A Major Plus:
• Experience with Photoshop, Premiere, or other editing software
• Experience working in a CMS, with HTML or Markdown
• Experience being part of an editorial team
• Experience with or interest in social media for an editorial brand
Interested? Let us know. Send us a resume, cover letter and samples of your work. In your cover letter, include 2-3 pitches for stories you would like to craft using assets from the Getty Images collection. Remember - our focus is visual storytelling, whether it is incredible photos of the pups at the Westminster Dog Show or a deep dive archival look at The Beatles' trip to India. Weird, gorgeous, meaningful - we are interested in it all. Dig through the FOTO site and get inspired.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world's leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world's most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.