Columbia Sportswear Company Risk Management Intern in Portland, Oregon
Risk Management Intern
United States, Oregon, Portland
100004H6 Requisition #
5 days ago Post Date
Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong.
As an intern you will be onsite, at Columbia Sportswear HQ, for 10 weeks over summer as a part of a specific department participating in various projects and events to learn about Columbia Sportswear Company. Interns will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work.
Highlights of our program include:
•One on one mentor based learning
•Speaker sessions/lunch & learns
•Business acumen learning opportunities and exposure to our corporate strategy
•Team building and networking activities
•Volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities
Our goal with the summer internship program is personal development and growth by contributing to some of Columbia Sportswear Company’s key initiatives.
General Position Summary:
- Analyze work-related injury statistics to identify loss trends and develop employee training materials (videos, posters, online content, etc.) to focused on safe work practices and injury prevention
- Provide support and resources for the implementation the Risk Management and Human Resources joint initiative called Total Worker Health being launched at our company’s largest distribution center
- Participate in the process of reporting claims to our insurance companies and working with claims adjusters to investigate and make decisions on the final outcome; and participate in claims reviews with the insurance company and broker
- Lead the process for completing the workers’ compensation renewal application and participate in all related activities to include; insurance market assessment, renewal strategy, evaluation of final insurance company proposals, and participate in the final decision
- Help develop risk related presentations and participate in internal meetings with a variety of departments to include; Retail Operations, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, Distribution Centers, Customer Care, and outside vendors and insurance companies
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Relationship-building aptitude
- Problem analysis, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Diverse background, experiences and skill sets
- Ability to complete 10 week summer internship, 40 hours/week
Experience and Education:
- Junior class standing or entering senior year, recent graduate OR rising MBA Student
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Declared major in program of study that aligns with internship project
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age