Xerox Project & Risk Management Intern in Rochester, New York
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Provide analyst support to IT Risk governance function in EPMO.
Role may be asked to monitor and maintain Risk registers, Work with risk owners to understand action plans and drive corrective actions for IT Organizational risk, update Risk policies and processes.
• Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
• Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
• Influences team and specialist peers internally.
• Some responsibility for work of others and allocation of resources.
• Decisions influence success of projects and team objectives.
• Broad range of technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
• Assist with coordination of Risk monitoring, tracking and reporting.
• Assist with creating and maintaining plans to drive corrective actions.
• Assist PM with project risk and change management aspects for projects, project reporting and communication.
Minimum Cumulative GPA 3.0
Minimum Bachelor's Degree student in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
Minimum Assertiveness, confidence, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Minimum Effective communication and presentation skills
Minimum Demonstrated teaming skills and listening skills
Minimum Organized and disciplined
Minimum Integrity, maturity, dependability, and a positive professional attitude
Minimum Experience with the organizations policy framework, management structures, and reporting procedures for all aspects of the program environment.
Minimum Has good knowledge of relevant development lifecycles and PMI or similar methodology.
Minimum Proficient use of MS Project, MS Word, Visio, MS Excel, MSPowerPoint, and SharePoint
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Project & Risk Management Intern
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 18001526
Virtual/work from home? No