Intermountain Healthcare Pharm tech-Drug Procure/Internal Process Control in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is accountable for functioning as an alternate for the full-time pharmacy procurement/inventory specialist. They must meet the purchasing, receiving, inventory, and returning requirements for medications and supplies related to 340B in the homecare pharmacy. This position will participate in the audit and review of procedural aspects of pharmacy practice at a specific facility and report potential compliance concerns to the pharmacy director and/or the Internal Process Control Director. The technician will be an integral part of the facility pharmacy team and the Internal Process Control (IPC) team. Incumbents of this position will be expected to practice at a level associated with an experienced, competent pharmacy technician who is confident and knowledgeable about the practice at the facility. Additional responsibilities require this pharmacy technician to be knowledgeable in the laws, regulations, and policies that govern pharmacy practice at their facility.
Coordinates with the full-time pharmacy procurement and inventory specialist to ensure coverage for all the procurement and inventory processes in the pharmacy department which may include 340B program purchasing. Coordinate with the IPC director and pharmacy director to ensure perpetual compliance
Essential Job Duties
- Is accountable for effective and efficient management of pharmacy inventory by overseeing ordering/procurement, distribution (interdepartmental and inter-facility), returns, and payment. Works collaboratively with other Intermountain facilities (Inventory Specialists) to assure the safety and care of patients is prioritized.
- Communicates effectively with all staff at the facility and the IPC Team regarding compliance and or regulatory concerns.
- Is competent and highly effective in technical responsibilities assigned and is able to provide feedback to staff and leadership regarding compliance concerns.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice and facility. The pharmacy technician is able to identify areas where there may be compliance gaps and provide an assessment with potential solutions to pharmacy leadership and IPC.
- Audits regulatory processes in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects related to regulatory and compliance issues. Provides audit results to facility leaders as well as the Internal Process Control Team. Participates in system-wide audits conducted by the IPC team that are applicable to their practice site.
- Responsible for controlled substance management and documentation, including any and all assigned audit and quality assurance processes. Assures all DEA required documentation is complete and organized to assure immediate access to information.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes in supply management. Works with system supply chain in maximizing impact of system initiatives.
- Performs functions of pharmacy technician as necessary.
- Assists with purchasing, inventory, and HRSA audits as needed, consistent with hospital or pharmacy type.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details:40 hours a week. Day shifts Monday through Friday. Some travel to sites required.
- Department:Central Office Pharmacy Services located at the Sorenson Building, 4393 Riverboat Road (approximately 700 West), Taylorsville, UT 84123, with work site located at Intermountain Homecare and Hospice, 11520 S Redwood Rd, South Jordan, UT 84095. May be asked to travel to Homecare in St. George.
- Additional Details:Responsible to monitor and direct 340B purchasing for covered entities or contract pharmacy. Will train for 340B content.
- Utah pharmacy technician license.
- 3 years of pharmacy experience in a hospital (for jobs in hospitals) or in homecare (for Homecare job).
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, squatting/kneeling.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous purchasing experience.
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-South Jordan