Munson Medical Center Intern - Network Engineer in Traverse City, Michigan
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for a network infrastructure project, and process improvement of Tier 2 escalated support an operational tasks. Configures network devices for the support of small offices and enterprise systems including Cisco switches, routers, and wireless devices. Assists engineers and project leaders in the configuration, maintenance and installation of network equipment. This level is staffed by beginners who have had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in this role.
· Currently enrolled in Information Systems program at the College level, with 1 year left to complete.
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Copy of most recent transcript
· Referral letter from a professor.
Will work under the general supervision of a Manager but may receive advice and assistance from other members of the department.
· Supports the Munson Medical Center mission statement.
· Embraces and supports the CQI philosophy of Munson Medical Center: We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
· Safety is a self-responsibility. Know the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Perform job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring / lifting techniques. Plan your actions to promote safety. Report any unsafe situation / equipment according to hospital procedure.
· Contributes to the team orientation of the Information Systems and, as such, is responsible for proper communication with pertinent department members.