SAP SAP iXp Intern - Technical Execution Analytics Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 182676
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
• Position Title: Technical Execution Vancouver Team - Intern
• Location: Vancouver, Canada
• Expected start date to end date: September 4, 2018 - May 3, 2019
Purpose and Objectives
This role presents the rare opportunity to develop and maintain analytics and data visualization solutions that are consumed by internal SAP business users across the globe.
Our dynamic and analytical-oriented team, collaborates using Agile methodologies to create business intelligence dashboards and reporting solutions for internal SAP managers and executives. The project cycles flow between “build” activities (customer requirements gathering, technical design, development, testing, deployment and validation), and “run” activities (sustainment, gathering customer feedback, and continuous improvement); with opportunities to gain a wider variety of skills such as: troubleshooting, distributed systems, system architecture, data modeling, deep-dive data and pattern analysis, team administration, customer presentations, validation & testing, and various end user visualization applications.
The data and visualization tools that we provide back to our internal customers help leaders and executives determine corporate strategy, steer their business and make meaningful decisions regarding internal company operations.
• Design, develop, enhance, and support new/existing business intelligence solutions.
• Support development and clean up data using Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools.
• Develop business intelligence systems and Data Warehousing including dimensional modeling, schema design, and ETL processing.
• Learn to support corporate business systems and internal operating procedures.
• Evaluate impacts to reporting systems to ensure minimal risk to the organization.
• Establish good development practices end-to-end: learn to build, test, publish, and validate your work.
• Pursue your own development with hands-on training covering SAP products, development processes, and solution design.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, or a closely related field of study.
• Knowledge and understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams.
• Knowledge and understanding of relational databases.
• Knowledge and understanding of dimensional databases.
• Knowledge and understanding of SQL database query language.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deep-dive into data for analysis of patterns, testing and research.
• Ability to analyze and suggest alternatives to complex processes and problems.
• Ability to quickly deal with constant change and juggle multiple projects in parallel.
• Pleasant and positive demeanor; enjoys helping and working as part of a team
• Not afraid to ask questions; able to learn & adapt quickly to what you are taught.
What you can expect from us:
• An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
• Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
• Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
• Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
• Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :