DAI Global Health Programs and Research Intern in United States
*Job Title/Grade: * Global Health Programs and Research Intern
_Department_: Global Health
**Reports to:_ _ Associate Health Practice Specialist
**Date: On or about May – August 2018
**About DAI Global Health:__
Our global health team and its regional and local partners have the technical skills and local knowledge to deliver comprehensive health solutions while responding to issues ranging from emerging pandemic threats to HIV/AIDS to waterborne diseases. Our approach leverages resources in DAI’s environment, economic growth, governance, and post-conflict stabilization sectors to save lives and achieve health improvements all over the world.
_Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:_
The Global Health Programs and Research Intern will:
- Work with Global Health team to design and develop materials and trainings related to IRB approval processes and protected research data collection and use.
- Conduct desk research for projects and new business opportunities
- Support meetings and brown bags
Further, the Intern may support the Global Health team with ad hoc requests.
_Schedule and Level of Effort:_
40 hours a week in DAI’s Bethesda, MD or Durham, NC office (Bethesda preferred)
- Graduate student in a field of study relevant to public health, or international development
- Demonstrated interest in international development, and/or public health
- Coursework: human research design and/or research ethics
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Location: North America
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Code: 3604