DAI Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Intern in United States
_Job Title/Grade:_ Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Intern
_Department_: Center for Digital Acceleration (CDA)
*Reports to: * ICT Specialist, CDA
_Date:_ On or about April – December 2018
_About ICT at DAI:_
From climate-smart agricultural support systems to SMS outreach to mobile apps for budget transparency, Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) have played a central role in DAI’s approach to international development since our founding in 1970. Our approaches and activities evolve in tandem with the opportunities that new technologies present—from Palm Pilots in the early 2000’s to social media apps today—and are always integrated into project design and programmatic goals. Today, ICTs are fundamental to how our projects engage and empower populations, improve decision-making, and create efficiencies for the governments, civil society organizations, and businesses we support in communities around the world.
_Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:_
The ICT Intern will:
- Conduct desk research on potential new clients/opportunities and other needs as required
- Update materials and other Center for Digital Acceleration collateral
- Track community events and ensure DAI Global Health attendance and lessons learned
- Organize meetings (internal and external)
Further, the Intern may support the ICT team with ad hoc requests.
_Schedule and Level of Effort:_
10 - 15 hours a week during the school year; and 40 hours a week in the summer at DAI’s Bethesda office
- Senior at an undergraduate institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better; or graduate student in a field of study relevant to international development or business
- Demonstrated interest in international development, ICT and digital technologies
The ideal candidate will have general interest in digital solutions to development and familiarity with technological solutions.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Location: North America
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Code: 3603